Conditions of use
To make these conditions of use easier to read, we use a few definitions. The terms “British American Tobacco”, “we”, “us”, “our” “the Group” and “The British American Tobacco Group” are used to refer to British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited and the group of companies constituting its direct and indirect subsidiaries worldwide.
This website is operated by British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited and is provided as a service to all British American Tobacco Group Companies. It is intended to be used by BAT Group Companies for posting and sharing any job vacancies, for the sharing of candidate details and for general recruitment purposes. Each British American Tobacco Group company is responsible for its use of the eRecruitment portal. Please read these terms and conditions of use ("conditions of use") carefully. By accessing this website you agree to be bound by them. If you do not agree to be bound by these conditions of use you should not access or view this website.
Any enquiries or complaints which you have in relation to this website should be addressed to the Human Resources Department of British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited, Globe House, 4 Temple Place, London WC2R 2PG.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited.
a) Information we collect about you and our use of your information
When you visit our website we may ask you for information about yourself, including your name, address, email address and other information. We use this information to provide you with information you request or to reply to your queries.
In addition to the information you provide, we may also collect information about you and your use of our website through the use of automatic data collection tools. These tools collect certain standard information about your access and computer, such as your browser type, operating system and language, access times and your Internet Protocol (IP) address. We use the information for statistical reporting and do not link it to any named individuals.
British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited will not intentionally collect any information about visitors to this website who are under eighteen years of age. If British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited becomes aware that a child has provided any information this will immediately be deleted from British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited’s records.
We only keep your information for as long as is necessary.
b) Who do we share your information with?
British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited may share your personal information in the following ways:
- From time to time your personal information may be transferred to other British American Tobacco entities worldwide or to third party agents, representatives or suppliers of British American Tobacco for the purposes of system maintenance and support.
- British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited may also be required to disclose your personal information to: (i) respond to duly authorised information requests from the police and governmental authorities; (ii) comply with any law, regulation, subpoena or court order; (iii) help prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights and properties of British American Tobacco or its subsidiaries; or (iv) protect the personal safety of British American Tobacco employees, third party agents or members of the public.
- Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, British American Tobacco decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganise businesses in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of your personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers. It is British American Tobacco’s practice to seek appropriate protection for personal information in these types of transactions.
We do not share, rent or trade your information with third parties for marketing or promotional purposes.
c) Accuracy of your information and your rights
British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited strives to keep your personal information accurately recorded. You have the right to obtain a copy of the information we hold about you and/or to ask us not to process your information (or not to pass your information to third parties). If you would like copies of your information, or if you would like us to correct any factual inaccuracies in that information, or if you would like that information blocked or deleted from our records, then please contact the Human Resources Department of British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited at Globe House, 4 Temple Place, London WC2R 2PG.
If you have a complaint about how we have used your information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
d) How do we keep your personal information secure?
British American Tobacco takes reasonable technical and organisational security measures to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration or unlawful disclose of information you provide to us. Any third party, agent or representative of British American Tobacco who requires access to your information is also required to implement reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect your information.
e) Where do we transfer your information to?
Any third party, agent or representative of British American Tobacco who imports personal information in the course of providing services to British American Tobacco is required to keep that information confidential and comply with national data protection laws or, where applicable, to be bound by appropriate contractual obligations that protect your personal information.
'Cookies' are small data files that are sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your device's hard drive. References in these conditions of use to ‘cookies’ also include other means of automatically accessing or storing information on your device.
We may use web beacons, which are transparent image files on web pages and are used to monitor your journey around British American Tobacco Group websites.
However, some of the tools and content of our website are delivered by (and in some cases also hosted by) third party content providers. When you access this content, these third party providers may set cookies on your computer or mobile device.
We allow third parties to set the following cookies on this website:
|Cookie / technology||Google Universal Analytics|
|Purpose||These cookies are used to collect information about how you and other visitors use our website, which we use to help improve it. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they have visited.|
|How to disable / enable this cookie||
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, please visit:
Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
|_ga||Persistent cookie: 2 years from set/update|
Google stores the information collected by the _ga cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Furthermore, BAT implements IP masking to anonymise every IP address by hiding the final octet number of your IP address.
By using the website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
For more information about cookies, including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Links to external websites
This website includes links to external websites which are subject to their own terms and conditions and privacy policies. We are not responsible for the content of these external websites and we recommend that you familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions of such sites before you submit any information about yourself. These links are provided solely for convenience to you. No endorsement of any party, products or services is expressed or implied and accordingly British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited cannot accept any liability for the accuracy of, or otherwise in relation to, any content or the security of any activity carried out on such other websites. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss or cost caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such linked websites. Your use of such websites is at your sole risk.
- This website is provided to you free of charge, without any warranties or guarantees unless specifically stated. The information contained in this website is intended for general information purposes only.
- Except as expressly provided for on this website, British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited is not responsible for the content or use of any web pages or any messages sent or received by you.
- All copyright, trade marks, and other intellectual property rights used as part of this website are vested in British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited and / or its licensors. You acquire no rights in the website other than the limited right to use the website in accordance with these conditions of use. You may not offer for sale or sell or distribute over any medium, any part of this website or its content. However, you are permitted to print out or download information and content from this website for your own personal, non-commercial use only and you may make use of the embedded share button and Email a Friend functions to share parts of this website via the particular social media networks or by email (using the Email a Friend function) as applicable. Other than as stated in these conditions of use, you may not make any part of the website available as part of another website, whether by scraping, crawling, hyperlink framing on the Internet or otherwise unless you have been authorised to do so in writing by British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited.
- You shall not use this website for any illegal purposes and in particular agree that you shall not send, use, copy, post or allow any posting which is defamatory or obscene or which is abusive, indecent or in breach of the privacy of any person. You agree not to send any unsolicited promotional or advertising material, spam or similar materials or any volume messages which may interfere with the operation of this website or with the enjoyment of this website by other visitors.
- British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited reserves the right at any time and without notice to enhance, modify, alter, suspend or permanently discontinue all or any part of this website and to restrict or prohibit access to it.
- You hereby agree to indemnify British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited against any costs, claims, losses and damages (including legal fees) incurred by or awarded against British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited as a result of your misuse of this website or your breach of these conditions of use.
- If you are in breach of these conditions of use British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited may suspend or block your access to this website and refuse to provide you with any further access to it.
- BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO PUBLISHES THIS WEBSITE “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE, THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION OR THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES REFERRED TO ON THE WEBSITE (IN SO FAR AS SUCH WARRANTIES MAY BE EXCLUDED UNDER ANY RELEVANT LAW). EXCEPT IN THE CASE OF PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE OR FOR FRAUD, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NEITHER BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO NOR ANY OTHER COMPANY IN THE BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGE WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE AND WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSS OF PROFITS), CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL THAT MAY RESULT FROM ACCESS OR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, HOWSOEVER ARISING. YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THIS WEBSITE.
- If any part of these conditions of use is found to be unenforceable as a matter of law, all other parts of these conditions of use shall not be affected.
- These conditions of use govern our relationship with you and represent our entire agreement with you.
- The conditions of use and the content of this website are governed English law whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited is incorporated in England and Wales No. 00262254.
Globe House, 4 Temple Place, London WC2R 2PG.
VAT number: 239 1369 50
Phone: +44 (0)20 7845 1000
Please send legal notices to British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited, Globe House, 4 Temple Place, London WC2R 2PG. Please send all other correspondence in relation to this website (including any enquiries or complaints) to the Human Resources Department of British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited, Globe House, 4 Temple Place, London WC2R 2PG.
Last updated: 15 July 2015